(adapted from http://www.wikihow.com/Lose-Weight-Fast)
Coach Kendra’s 10 Tips for Eating Out
Tip 1: Pick one indulgence and stick with it.
Tip 2: Set aside proper eating portion. Save the rest.
Tip 3: Ask for toppings or dressings on the side.
Tip 4: Ask for more vegetables.
Tip 5: Avoid all-you-can-eat restaurants.
Tip 6: Watch out for liquid calories.
Tip 7: Replace soda with water and lemon.
Tip 8: Look for steamed, baked, grilled, broiled, or poached food.
Tip 9: Make friends with salsa.
Tip 10: Speak to the chef regarding your dietary needs.
1. How often do most Americans eat out a week?
2. How many times is the average restaurant meal the FDA recommended size for a full meal?
3. What can you ask to portion your food? (A separate plate? An airsickness bag? A to-go container?)
4. What are vegetables rich in to make you feel full fast?
5. How much more do we eat when the meal price is all inclusive?